This season I have tried to soften the blow of losing for B by rushing home to make a nice dinner, wooing him with music, and giving him time to unwind without me. I don't know if it is these attempts or a change in his perspective, but he has definitely been less stressed out. I have also chosen not to travel with the team to conference games. The bus ride is not fun, if they lose it is even less fun, and I can enjoy an evening at home, getting ready for his return (see first sentence of this paragraph).
The rest of our "groove" consists of B enjoying a Netflix membership (thanks Barb and Jack!) when I am on the road - made even better with our home entertainment center; me training for a 5K for my birthday (has also equaled some weight loss); and enjoying life in Oberlin. One of our favorite breakfast/lunch places has started serving dinner and it is delicious (a bit pricey, but delicious)! Record snowfall has kept us cooped up a bit, so getting out to local watering holes or doing a run at the gym seems like a real treat.
On a somber note, I am trying to emotionally prepare for the departure of my best girl friend in Oberlin :( Leah, I am going to miss having you here - but now we have a great reason to visit DC! Can't wait to see the amazing things you do!
Hope all is well wherever you are!
Love you girl. Leavin you is all kinds of difficult... xoxo
ReplyDeletePS ~ When you become Mayor of Oberlin, I move back. Just sayin...
ReplyDelete