Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Semi-Quiet Week

B and I are enjoying a semi-quiet week at home. I guess most weeks are probably quiet for him, but I am really enjoying having the opportunity to be home for more than a whole week. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoy my job and being on the road, but the latest three-week stint really did a number on me.

It hasn't been all quiet, however... this past weekend I thought I would do something to reduce our energy costs (which are relatively gargantuan in this wide open loft) and install a programmable thermostat. Well, it definitely wasn't the 15 minute project touted on the package. Thank goodness that I have the most patient father in the entire world. In the end, I (with the wise and gentle guidance of my dad) reinstalled the old thermostat and I am 95% sure it was reinstalled correctly.

Tools set out on table to someday install the programmable thermostat. I just noticed the stain by the screwdrivers... must be yet another leak.

Note to the furnace repair man (who was already scheduled to service the furnace).

All of this was followed by an "incident" at 3:00am this morning in which I awoke to what I thought to be Brett spitting on me (no that is not a normal activity for him - but it was 3am and I was a bit disoriented). Nope. It was just our roof leaking on our bed. Lovely... I am just thankful that we rent and don't have to worry about actually fixing things on our own!

No, the towel isn't for any bladder control issues, it is to protect our bed from the leak (marked by the rubber band)

I guess it hasn't been semi-quiet at all! Hope everything is better in your neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're enjoying our adventure and hope you are, too! Thank you for leaving comment (it makes our day).