Monday, December 6, 2010

Six Weeks and Counting...

Snicks and I have continued to manage much-too-hectic schedules in the past few weeks and, suddenly, we are staring down the end of our countdown. Where did the past 34 weeks go? Okay, I know that we haven't really taken a breath since our doctor confirmed our hopes in early May, but really, I feel like suddenly we are at the end of a nice mild amusement park ride and are about to hop on a crazy corkscrew ride!

We had our final meeting with our doula, "Rae", last week. Snicks received some appreciated advice on how to know when to take me to the hospital, how to help relieve some of the pain while we're at home, and how to keep me focused in the next few weeks. We have been doing a pretty good job of reading books and practicing some of the techniques in them. Because we are trying for an unmedicated birth (hey, it's worth a try!) the books we are reading focus on being physically and psychologically prepared for labor. Not that either of us really have any idea what to expect. We also met with our midwife today and she said that S.P. is in the right position and, as long as s/he doesn't flip around, we should be good to go. She also made an off-handed comment about maybe having a December baby, but I am just chalking that up to the 40 weeks (plus or minus two) that typically comprise gestation. If anything, Snicks and I would like to have S.P. come a little later because that would mean that there is less of the basketball season left!

The nursery is really starting to come together and I am looking forward to posting pictures soon. At the latest, it will be done at the end of this month when my mom comes out for a week long visit (Snicks will be on the east coast with the basketball team). She's really good at getting projects done and helping me to relax.

Hope you all had a nice surprise from St. Nick in your shoe/stocking this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're enjoying our adventure and hope you are, too! Thank you for leaving comment (it makes our day).