
It has been an unbelievably exceptional week. B and I spent the weekend in Chicago - we were both working, but were glad to have time together after working. It was exceptionally relaxing to just chill, catch up, and see a great movie together (Gran Torino). On Sunday, B headed back to Ohio and I headed south to catch up with a someone dear who has been my friend for an exceptionally long time (2nd grade). It was so nice to reconnect (it has been four years since we had last seen each other) and feel "grounded".
On Monday, two Main Street colleagues and I gave a presentation at the National Trust Main Street Center's National Conference in Chicago. The exceptional presentation went off without a hitch and we received many compliments afterwards... I would love to see the three of us do more to help Main Street communities together. I think we make a great team! Prior to our presentation I went to see two alumni in the area and received my first solo-solicitation check for $250. I was thrilled! Needless to say, Monday night was a glorious night of celebration with old and new friends.
Tuesday definitely had a tough act to follow but ended up being the most exceptional day so far! After a long (boring) drive into central IL, I met with a candid alum who decided that he really wanted to make my day (and year) by giving a gift of $25K! It is my first big gift and the alum was so nice - it was the perfect gift! I was on cloud 9 following the visit until... I got sick. I mean, pull off the road and let it fly sick. I was nervous about flying home, but managed to hold on to my cookies and make it back to Oberlin with no further incident.
Arriving home to my exceptionally handsome and sweet husband was the icing on the cake of an amazing five days. A bouquet of pale pink tulips and a sweet note of congratulations were waiting for me (along with some saltine crackers and 7up). What a life! I am chalking this up to all of the prayers we have been offering up lately.
I am so unbelievably proud of you!!!
ReplyDelete