Monday, November 3, 2008

On the Road... and the Bull

Sorry for the lapse in posting - it seems that I haven't been home much lately, but here are some pictures to update you on what I/we've been up to in the past few weeks. The fun started with a now rare week at home with B. It was very nice to catch up after starting to adjust to my new travel-intensive position with the College. Just as soon as we felt like we were back in the groove, however, I hit the road (mostly for fun).

The party started with my cousin's wedding in Dallas. What a hoot! I am not exaggerating when I say that it was one of the most fun weekends of my life. That's right, my entire life - and I have been known to have some fun. My sister, her honey, and I spent most of our weekend toasting the good times and good friends that we made. Oh, did I mention that she and I also rode a bull? Unfortunately, B had to stay home to entertain alums - next time, I know...

The Transcenders - Reunited for One Night

Getting some last minute lessons on bull riding

J shows us a bit of her inner cow-girl

Our new friends

After Dallas, I spent a hasty two days at home, but then left for a three day work-related trip to Milwaukee. After returned around noon on Friday, I promptly unpacked, repacked, and hit the road for a weekend in Toronto visiting my good friend Wendy! I was completely wowed by the city - I am embarrassed to say that I had no idea it was so big and cosmopolitan. And, they have a shoe museum. Yep, that's right, an entire museum devoted to one of my favorite accessories. We also went to brunch which, if you don't know by now, is a must-do for me on vacation. The belgian waffles at Le Petit Dejeuner are worth the visit - and the eggs benedict put it over the top!

W in front of the Bata Shoe Museum

Satiated after a tasty brunch

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're enjoying our adventure and hope you are, too! Thank you for leaving comment (it makes our day).