Tuesday, September 2, 2008

No maps, just faith...

Today, I remember what our marriage officiant said during the ceremony - "throw out the maps". B and I are planners (he would argue that I am more than he... but hey, why argue) and geographers, which means that maps are frequently a part of our repertoire. Which is why when we have big decisions to make, I am often left scrambling for a map, or plan of some kind. It is then that I think back to the advice that we received during our nuptials and try to remember that everything happens for a reason.

More than a year and a half ago I was given the opportunity to lead a non-profit in our great little town. I have to say that my time with Main Street has been absolutely amazing. I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to do so much so early in my career. Don't get me wrong it has been challenging and it has definitely pushed me to do more - but that it why it has been so amazing.

Now, it is on to the next challenge. Last Friday I officially accepted a position at the College in their Development department. I will begin the newest journey, map free, on the 22nd and can't wait to see what this opportunity will bring to B and me! Please keep us in your thoughts as we move forward with our careers (B is going on his THIRD season!) and our future plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're enjoying our adventure and hope you are, too! Thank you for leaving comment (it makes our day).